Friday, January 11, 2013

A time to reflect on 2012

With the new year, I have been reflecting a lot on the past year and also looking to what is ahead.  Here are a few snip-its from 2012.

January 2012
Spent first month in the new house.

February 2012
We had a benefit for the Carolina Tiger Rescue at Liquidambar Gallery and Gifts.

Clint and I took a welding class together.  We made a great log rack.
I visited Nancy's first apartment and we put together some new bookshelves.

And we celebrated Clint's 18th birthday (not sure why I don't have any pictures).

March 2012
Spent some time down at the river.

Then, we had a ton of rain for March and the Haw River was roaring!
April 2012
John and Clint made a back patio.

May 2012
Spent many hours working in the yard and swimming.
June 2012
Clint graduated from High School!
July 2012
We competed in the Annual Redbud Sunflower Contest.  We won 3rd place!
Two of my nieces came down from PA.  This is Ruthie at the NC Museum of Art.
We celebrated Nancy's 21st birthday and my ... birthday.
August 2012
Clint headed off for Basic Training for the US Army.  This was his last night before he left.
September 2012
Our baby, Biscuit, died of cancer.  She was about 9 years old.
October 2012
We celebrated Johnny's .... birthday with a quiet dinner at home.
Clint graduated from Basic Training - US Army.

November 2012
I was able take some creative time and take a few art workshops.  This one is with Bob Burridge (that is his painting).
Mr. Neville became part of the family.

December 2012
John was my featured 2D artist at Liquidambar Gallery for the month of December.
Was able to spend Christmas with some of the family.  Wish everyone could have been there together!

I could have filled this with hundreds of pictures of the past year!  Time goes by so quickly.  I am looking forward to the New Year - 2013.

I heard a great quote last night, "Our only purpose is to love."  It is so true, all the rest really doesn't matter.  So, my new year's resolution is to love more and not worry about the rest so much.  Here is to wishing everyone a Happy New Year! 

1 comment:

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide  I am trying to get things done, lol.  I have started a new blog that is dedicated to ...