Sunday, November 1, 2009

I have a problem.

Ok, I am the first to admit that I have a serious problem - I have AADD.  Everyone knows what ADD is, but I have ARTIST-ADD. 

I was trying to think of what I should work on next.  I envy the artists that can do the same thing over and over again.  I have tried pretty much every form of artwork out there.  If you look at my website www.liquidambarstudio.com you will see just a small part of the things that I am into, not to mention the stuff on Etsy and Artfire. 

This past week I worked on:
1) fabric bowls


2) jewelry - both clay and beaded


3) Setting up a new site http://liquidambarjewelry.bigcartel.com  I am starting a site for the jewelry that I have collected from other countries, plus some of my silver jewelry that I make. It is still a work in progress.  (My collections are taking over my house!) 


4) recycling Christmas cards - got the edges all cut
5) clay Christmas ornaments


6) fused glass - pieces cut and grinded
7) started on a watercolor
8) photgraphed work and vintage stuff to sell


9) started a crochet scarf

That is not to mention all the stuff that goes on being a mother and a wife... oh and the zoo.

(He looks like me screaming.)

I have found that I can waste soooo much time trying to figure out what the next thing I should work on.  I am lucky enough to have places to work on all of these things, so it is not a matter of cleaning up and pulling stuff out.  The only problem is that the clay and glass are at my studio and the rest I do at home.  That means that the days I don't go to the studio I am into everything.  I need to focus! I need help! Is there some sort of 12 step program for people like me?

3 comments:

  1. It seems you can do wonders with your hands...

    Just grab something and mold it into whatever you desire. Remember, manipulate and twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If u find the answer to "focus", please let me know. It's hereditary, u know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I am the same way, it is really really hard to focus--even when I try to carry on a conversation! How bad is THAT?
    I found your blog through my blog where you made a comment in July---I must have ok'd it but didn't zero in on it to tell you hello---see what I mean? Enjoyed your blog!! :) Thanks for visiting mine too even if it were last July!!

    ReplyDelete

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide  I am trying to get things done, lol.  I have started a new blog that is dedicated to ...