Saturday, May 22, 2010

New Dresses



I love the smocked top dress that they sell at Victoria Secrets, but I do not like the $60 price tag.  A few months ago, Nancy and I went to JoAnns and we bought a bunch of material.  I was able to make six dresses for $90 - that is $15 each!  I really like the black and white print of the one I have on.  I wore it with black and silver flip-flops while John and I were running around shopping and doing some errands.  But, it looks good with my white high heels and white shrug for a little bit dressier look.  I made a few short dresses and a couple of the maxi dresses, too.  I made a long version of the bright yellow and orange dress for Nancy (which had pinks and purple, too).  

5 comments:

  1. I love the dresses you made!! You did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you're not afraid to wear Blue, after all. I like!

    I want to see you wearing that last dress...with your hair in a bun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Just made the girls some more smocked dresses and have some fabric sittig here to make a few for myself after Bella shows her pretty face. Are you doing the smocking with the elastic thread as your bobbin thread? Thats how I've been doing it, so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Those dresses are so flattering!

    ReplyDelete

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide  I am trying to get things done, lol.  I have started a new blog that is dedicated to ...