Monday, September 10, 2012

More Peppers - Green Bells

I last posted about all of the hot peppers that I have been getting out of my garden.  Now, it is green pepper time.  I end up picking about 15-20 peppers every couple of days.  I did take a bag full to the local watering hole so they could use them in a home-made soup.  But, there are still way more than we can eat.  Luckily, I happened to mention this to one of my artist/gardener friends, Michael Thompson, and he told me to freeze them. 

This is so easy - even I could do it!

First, just wash the peppers very well.

Second, take all the seeds, stems, and ribs out.
 Third, cut them into pieces.  I use my peppers mostly for stir fry, so I left them kinda big.  If you use it for sauces, you might want to cut them up pretty small.  Or do two batches, one big and one small, then you always have what you need.  Just place them on a baking pan and pop them in the freezer.  Since peppers are mostly water, you end up with little ice peppers.
After they have frozen (desn't take very long at all), just put them into a freezer ziplock bag and put them back into the freezer. This bag has at least 20 peppers in it and the bag is not full.

 Whenever you need some you can just dump out what you need right into the pot.

I told you this was easy!

Now back to the garden to pick another batch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide  I am trying to get things done, lol.  I have started a new blog that is dedicated to ...