Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crickets and Grasshoppers

Today was Summer camp. From 12:30 to 3:00 pm, John and I taught twenty middle school girls about crickets and grasshoppers. Talk about a zoo...


I am not sure how John gets me into these things.


First they each received a petri dish with two live crickets, one male and one female. Second, they were taught all of the parts and the girls looked at them under the microscope.

The girls then painted cricket boxes so that they could take their crickets home for good luck. But, while some were painting others were dissecting giant grasshoppers. We also fed some to the frogs to show them the food chain.


Having 20 girls in one room is not good. But, having 20 girls, with gross stuff is really not good. I am just kidding; all in all they did well, and I am sure that this is something that they will remember.

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave and wonderful lady; I bet they will never forget that day :) !

    ReplyDelete

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide  I am trying to get things done, lol.  I have started a new blog that is dedicated to ...