Friday, February 19, 2010

Some of my glass work

I haven't posted very much of my glass work, because it is soooo hard to take a good picture of it.  Plus, I really need a better macro lens for my camera.  So, please excuse the poor photography.

 
These first two were the very first two pieces that I ever made.  I took an afternoon workshop at the local art center.


I have done a whole series of pieces called "Glass Walls", some with colored glass and some with float glass.


I have also done a number of kiln "carved" pieces. This isn't carving at all, but rather slumping over a refractory material.  Not sure why they call it carving...

 
These are a couple of other pieces that I have made - nothing special, but I had fun making them.

  
I have also done a few pieces where I am painting with the glass frit (crushed up glass).  I really like how these turn out, but it is very time consuming.  This piece is actually five layers of glass and had to be fired three times. 



And of course, I love casting with glass.  It is very difficult to do, but I still love how it turns out (most of the time).


And I can't forget all of my glass jewelry, which is so much fun to make! 
  
I have also done a wee bit of flameworking.  It was so much fun, but I ended up with a terrible "sun" burn.  I wish I had the set up in my studio to do more!  I guess I will just have to take some more classes.

3 comments:

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide  I am trying to get things done, lol.  I have started a new blog that is dedicated to ...