Friday, October 30, 2009

Auction Piece Finished!

I have mentioned that John and I were invite to participate this year in the 28th Annual Seagrove Pottery Festival this year.  The festival will take place November 21st and 22nd at the Seagrove School, 528 Old Plank Road, Seagrove, NC. (visit www.seagrovepotteryheritage.com)  This is the largest pottery show in North Carolina!  There is an amazingly long list of potters that will be there, so if you ever wanted a piece of North Carolina pottery than this is the place to be.


My piece is soneware with iron oxide and Rutile Blue glaze.  It measures 10" high and 6 1/2" in diameter at the top.
 
There will be an auction on Sunday, where all of the potters have donated a piece.  All the pieces will be marked with 1) the name of the shop, 2) signature of maker, 3) November 22, 2009, 4) 28th Seagrove Pottery Festival on the bottom.  They are due to the museum by November 1st.  So, being the last minute kind of person that I am, I finally finished my piece, took pictures and filled out the form.  Tomorrow we are going to deliver it! (And since we have to go by the North Carolina Zoo, we are going to make a day of it.
http://www.nczoo.org/

1 comment:

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide

A NEW blog - Faceted Journey - Using Tarot as a Guide  I am trying to get things done, lol.  I have started a new blog that is dedicated to ...